Stop these hair damaging styling habits 06 Oct 2018
Avoid These 20 Things After Hair Transplant
Hair transplant surgery is undoubtedly one of the best ways to re-grow hair on a bald scalp. However, just like any other cosmetic surgical procedure, it also needs to be taken seriously.
Here’s a list of 20 things that you need to avoid completely after getting a hair transplant treatment:
- 1. Try not to rest or sleep flat on the bed for the initial three days after the surgery
- 2. Stay away completely from any form of alcohol after the surgery
- 3. Try not to apply tap water over the treated area
- 4. Try not to do overwhelming activity, weightlifting, extreme exercise, gaming or yoga for one month
- 5. Try not to twist down or forward to tie laces of your shoes or to get items from the floor the initial three days
- 6. Try not to utilise hair dryer
- 7. Try not to scratch the treated site with your finger-nail
- 8. Make sure that the teeth of your brush don’t touch the operated area while brushing
- 9. Try not to apply any ice or icy-pack over the operated site, forehead or any other area of your face
- 10. Try not to stroke the recipient area with bandages from forward to backward direction
- 11. Stay away from steam or sauna bath for up for 15 days
- 12. Try not to utilise any type of shampoo, washing solution or antiseptic other than what is provided/suggested by the surgeon
- 13. You can utilise your personal loose cap or hat after a week of operation or you can wear a soft cloth. Quite often, hair transplant clinics offer specially designed caps that are best for transplant patients. However, you should wear them only at outdoors.
- 14. Try not to wear any woollen cap or scarf. Also, you have to avoid wearing the turban for at least 2 months after the surgery. Avoid wearing any type of helmet for at least 6 to 8 months after the treatment.
- 15. Make sure that the cap or cloth should not touch the treated area excessively or for a longer time. Always remove the cap by lifting it from back to front.
- 16. Try not to go to the hair stylist or barber for a 2 months after the surgery.
- 17. If dandruff occurs, use the special shampoo that’s recommended by the hair transplant surgeon.
- 18. Don’t colour your hair at least 3 months after the surgery.
- 19. If the facial hair is the donor site, don’t shave that area for 15 days after the hair transplant treatment.
- 20. After the initial 15 days of the surgery, try not to keep the hair covered with a cap unnecessarily. Give them air for a healthy development.
Getting a hair transplant is a big decision and choosing the right location is very important. In most cases, people tend to go abroad to for affordable hair transplant. Hair transplant in Dubai is a good option if you are searching for cheaper hair transplant cost and expert hair transplant surgeons. Cost of hair transplant in Dubai depends upon the technique and level of baldness. It will be a wise step to visit the best hair transplant surgeon in Dubai to know more about hair transplant procedures & cost.