Which Hair Transplant Is Better – FUT Or FUE?
Baldness affects many men and women nowadays, and they search for various options to conceal their baldness from people. People often go for temporary solutions, but the best and permanent solution for this is hair transplantation. Let’s discuss what hair transplant is all about.
- What Is Hair Transplant ?
Hair transplant in India is largely performed by removing follicles or grafts from the back of patient’s head. This is done because the backside of your head is more resistant to hormonal changes, so these are placed in areas of reduced growth or baldness. Two methods to remove the grafts are FUT (Follicular Unit Transplantation) and FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction).
There are two methods to remove the grafts – Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT) and Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE).
In Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT), a strip of scalp is extracted from the back of the head and is divided into separate grafts.
In Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE), separate follicular units or grafts are taken from the back of the head gradually by cutting around with a small specialised machine and extracting them. This process can be a bit tiring and takes a few hours to complete. However, after a few numbing injections are given to the patient, the procedure becomes painless.
Apart from the above mentioned steps, the remaining steps are same in both types of hair transplant. By using very fine needles and blades, very small sites are created in the balding areas, which are made numb with the help of local anaesthetic injections. After that, the hair transplant surgeon will insert grafts in these sites wherever there is hair loss.
- Advantages of Getting Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT) Treatment In India
- In just a few sessions, larger areas of baldness can be covered by the hair transplant surgeon.
- With lower resection rate, better results can be achieved easily. The resection rate usually depends on the skill of the hair transplant surgeon.
- Advantages of Getting Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) Treatment In India
- No linear scar is visible.
- There are no cuts or stitches involved in this technique as this method of hair transplant does not require extracting a whole strip of scalp from the head like in strip surgery.
- The recovery time period is amazingly faster than you can think and many patients sometimes return to their work or usual routine the next day of the treatment itself.
Final Thoughts: Whether it is Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT) or Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) both methods involve surgery therefore you need to consult the best hair transplant surgeon in India who can explain you the advantages and disadvantages of these methods.