Top 8 Aftercare Tips For Hair Transplant
So, you had a hair transplant to remove your baldness, now what’s next? The hair transplant surgeon will give a list of precautions and after care steps which you have to follow to ensure a quick recovery and desirable results from hair transplant in India.
Here are some instructions which you need to follow after hair transplant. Have a look.
- Bring a family member or a friend who could drive you back to your home safely. This should be done because you will be under the influence of medicines and sedatives given before surgery. The effects of such heavy medications remain for a few hours, therefore it will be dangerous to drive back home on your home.
- If you had a micro graft treatment then a compression bandage will be wrapped on your head. This should be kept clean and remain in place for a day. Many procedures don’t use a bandage, but all types of surgeries involve stitches. Some of these stitches are dissolvable and for others you have to visit the clinic after a few months to get them removed.
- After surgery, use a couple of pillows to elevate your head and sleep in a semi-upright position for at least 3 to 4 days. Avoid touching or picking the newly grafted areas. Resist the temptation of touching the newly operated skin, no matter how itchy or sore it becomes. Pick or rubbing the newly grafted areas will make them fall even before they get a chance to grow into new hair.
- After surgery, for the first 72 hours you should stay away from alcohol. In fact, alcohol is very bad for your health and you should stay away from consuming it ever again. Quit smoking for at least 1 month before and after hair transplant in India.
- The hair transplant surgeon will prescribe you some medicines which you have to consume for a given time period. These medicines will protect you from infections and assist your hair growth as well.
- Consult the best hair transplant surgeon in India to the right time to wash your head using a shampoo after hair transplant. Proper washing with prescribed shampoo will remove the dead skin cells from the scalp which prevents any damage to the follicles from the scabs.
- Avoid playing any form of extreme physical sport for at least a month after the surgery to stay away from any complications. A little precaution will help the proper growth of hair on your head.
- Avoid sun exposure for longer time periods. Right after the surgery try to stay away from the Sun as long as possible. After a week, you a cap to protect the growth of your new hair. Later, after consulting the surgeon you can stop using the cap.